If you don’t know how to grow new account from scratch, here’s a great step-by-step tutorial to help you make the most of your time and reach a loyal 1K audience.
1. Optimising my positioning
To make sure people see your profile the way you want to be seen answer these questions.
- What is the one thing I excel/want to excel at? (This is your market)
- Who needs to hear about me in order to grow my business? (This is your audience)
- Who are the people already helping my audience? (These are your competitors)
- What is something people often compliment me on? (This is your unique positioning)
2. Optimizing my profile
Knowing your positioning you can now implement it in your profile – branding your profile picture – and making sure it is visible in small sizes.
- Including keywords in your headlines.
- Making your handle short and easy to type.
- Including 3-5 highlights giving more info about yourself.
- Focusing on the benefits of following you and including a CTA in your bio.
- As well as utilizing the different alternative feeds suck as guides, shops, filters, reels, igtv, etc.
3. List of accounts
- Create a list of accounts in your market (this will be used for 5 step)
- Big accounts (25k+ followers)
- Medium accounts (5-25k followers)
- Small accounts (1-5k followers)
Pick 5 perfect accounts wich:
- Post consistently (3+times a week)
- Have a good amount of comments per post (50+)
- Their tribe best represents your target audience
4. Researcing content
You need to properly research the content which performs well on Instagram in your market. Check for viral posts in:
- Explore pages
- Hashtag pages
- Top SFY Accounts
5. Engagement Strategy
Break your engagement in two:
- Turn post notifications for all accounts.
- When they post – comment within in 1st hour.
- If there is a pinned comment – comment under it as well.
- Comment on the post of your 5 dream accounts.
- Visit the profile of the other people who commented.
- Interact with them by leaving 1-3 pieces of engagement.
- Repeat this 4-8 times through the day (15 minutes each)
6. Content Strategy
We need to growth-oriented content formats:
- Reels – combined attention
- Single images – hashtag attention
- Carousels – Explore page attention
Try to post daily: